DOWNLOAD OF A COPY OF THIS LAW IS AVAILABLE [N1,500 (PDF) AND N3000 (WORD)] CLICK HERE FOR ONLINE PAYMENT OR TRANSFER TO TREE & TREES, 0013401871, GTBANK. ALL THE LAWS OF LAGOS STATE IS ALSO AVAILABLE AS A COMPENDIUM. EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or Text/WhatsApp +23407067102097 LIST OF LAWS OF LAGOS, [ALPHABETICAL]
ADVISORY COUNCIL ON THE PREROGATIVE OF MERCY (ESTABLISHMENT) LAW
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
1. Establishment of the Advisory Council on the Prerogative of Mercy.
2. Disqualification for appointment.
3. Tenure of Office.
4. Sitting and procedure of the Advisory Council.
[Commencement.] [21st November, 1979]
A Law providing for the establishment of the Lagos State Advisory Council on the exercise of the Prerogative of Mercy and for connected purpose.
The Lagos State House of Assembly enacts as follows—
1. Establishment of the Advisory Council on the Prerogative of Mercy
There shall be established for the Lagos State an Advisory Council on the Prerogative of Mercy (hereinafter called “the Advisory Council)” which shall consist of—
(a) a Chairman, who shall be appointed by the Governor;
(b) the Attorney-General of the State; and
(c) not less than five nor more than seven other members, who shall be appointed by the Governor of whom at least one shall be a woman.
2. Disqualification for appointment
A person shall not be qualified for appointment by the Governor as a member of the Advisory Council if he is a member of either House of the National Assembly or of the House of Assembly of any State or a Minister of the Government of the Federation or a Commissioner of the Government of any State.
3. Tenure of office
(1) A member of the Advisory Council appointed by the Governor shall hold office until such a time as the Governor may determine and any such member, not being a person employed in the Civil Service of the Lagos State, may at any time resign his appointment by writing under his hand addressed to the Governor.
(2) Notwithstanding the provisions of subsection (1) of this section, if any circumstance arises, that if he were not a member of the Advisory Council, a member would be disqualified for appointment by the Governor as a member.
4. Sitting and procedure of the Advisory Council
(1) The Advisory Council shall sit as often as may be required to perform its functions and shall sit not less than once in every Calendar month.
(2) The Advisory Council may regulate its own procedure.
Under this Law, unless the context otherwise refers –
“Governor” means the Governor of Lagos State.
“State” means Lagos State of Nigeria.
6. Citation and Commencement
This law may be cited as the Advisory Council on the Prerogative of Mercy (Establishment) Law.
LAWS OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
|The Constitution||National Legislations||Treaties of the Federation|
|State Laws||State Court Rules||Court Judgments|
|Food & Agriculture||Energy & Environment||Healthcare|
|Transport (Road, Rail, Air, Water)||Education||Housing & Infrastructure|
|Security & Law Enforcement||Science & Technology||Family, Youth & Child|
|Government & Elections||Taxation & Revenue||Economic & Commercial|
|MDA Regulations||SON Standards||Executive Orders|
|Nig. Nuclear Reg. Auth., NNRA||NAFDAC||NESREA|
|Dept of Pet. Res. DPR||Securities & Exchange Comm., SEC||NERC|
|Fed. Inland Rev. Service, FIRS||Fed. Road Safety Corps., FRSC||Central Bank of Nigeria, FBN|
|Nig. Communications Comm., NCC1||Nig. Broadcasting Comm., NBC||Nig. Copyright Comm., NCC2|
|Bio-Chemical and Bio-Safety||Service & Quality||Other Standards|