DOWNLOAD OF A COPY OF THIS LAW IS AVAILABLE [N1,500 (PDF) AND N3000 (WORD)] CLICK HERE FOR ONLINE PAYMENT OR TRANSFER TO TREE & TREES, 0013401871, GTBANK. ALL THE LAWS OF LAGOS STATE IS ALSO AVAILABLE AS A COMPENDIUM. EMAIL: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or Text/WhatsApp +23407067102097 LIST OF LAWS OF LAGOS, [ALPHABETICAL]
BIRTHS, DEATHS AND BURIALS LAW
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
3. Births and Deaths which are registrable.
4. Appointment of Principal Registrar.
5. Appointment of registries.
6. Duties of Principal Registrar.
7. Duties of registrars.
8. Registers not to be removed from office without permission.
Registration of Births
9. Persons responsible for registering births.
10. Registrar may summon persons to register births.
11. New-born child found exposed.
12. Illegitimate children.
13. Certificate of registration of birth.
14. Registration after three and twelve months from birth.
15. Persons baptising.
16. Registration of name subsequent to registration of birth.
17. Certificate of baptism to be given.
Registration of Deaths
18. Deaths in houses or on board ship.
19. Deaths not in houses or on board ship.
20. Registrar may summon persons to register death.
21. No registration after twelve months.
22. Medical certificate of cause of death.
23. When inquest held person other than coroner not required to register death.
Correction of Errors in Registers
24. Correction of errors in general.
25. Correction of entries when registered in wrong office.
26. Principal Registrar to be informed of such corrections.
Searches in and Certified Extracts from Register
27. Right to search register.
28. Form of certified copies.
29. Admission of certified copies in evidence.
of Persons whose Deaths are Registrable and of Still-born Children whose Births
if they had been born
alive would have been Registrable
31. Registrar to issue certificate for burial.
32. Coroner may authorise burial before registration of death.
33. Registrar’s certificate and coroner’s order to be delivered to person burying.
34. Prohibition against burial without proper sanction.
35. Time within which dead bodies are to be buried.
36. Burial of deceased child as still-born.
Appointment of Burial Grounds
37. Power to appoint burial grounds.
38. Control and management of public burial grounds.
39. Where public burial ground provided corpses not to be buried elsewhere.
40. On whom duty of causing a body to be buried falls.
41. No corpse to be buried at less depth than four feet.
42. Power of court to close dwelling-house near which corpse is buried.
43.(1)Search warrant for corpse buried near a dwelling-house.
(2) Removal and burial of corpse buried in contravention of Law.
Penalties and Miscellaneous
45. Penalty for failing to register birth or death.
46. Offences by registrars.
47. Registration of non-registrable births and deaths.
48. Power to make regulations.
BIRTHS, DEATHS AND BURIALS LAW
A Law to provide for registration of births, and deaths, and to regulate burials.
[F. & L. 1958, Cap 23. L.N. 257 of 1959. L.N. 112 of 1964. L.S.L.N. 16 of 1972.]
[1st April, 1918] [COMMENCEMENT]
1. Citation This Law may be cited as the Births, Deaths and Burials Law.
|READ MORE||DOWNLOAD (PDF-N1500/WORD-2000)|
LAWS OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
|The Constitution||National Legislations||Treaties of the Federation|
|State Laws||State Court Rules||Court Judgments|
|Food & Agriculture||Energy & Environment||Healthcare|
|Transport (Road, Rail, Air, Water)||Education||Housing & Infrastructure|
|Security & Law Enforcement||Science & Technology||Family, Youth & Child|
|Government & Elections||Taxation & Revenue||Economic & Commercial|
|MDA Regulations||SON Standards||Executive Orders|
|Nig. Nuclear Reg. Auth., NNRA||NAFDAC||NESREA|
|Dept of Pet. Res. DPR||Securities & Exchange Comm., SEC||NERC|
|Fed. Inland Rev. Service, FIRS||Fed. Road Safety Corps., FRSC||Central Bank of Nigeria, FBN|
|Nig. Communications Comm., NCC1||Nig. Broadcasting Comm., NBC||Nig. Copyright Comm., NCC2|
|Bio-Chemical and Bio-Safety||Service & Quality||Other Standards|