DOWNLOAD OF A COPY OF THIS LAW IS AVAILABLE [N1,500 (PDF)] CLICK HERE FOR ONLINE PAYMENT. PDF COMPENDIUMS OF ALL THE LAWS OF NIGERIA, LAGOS AND OTHER STATES ARE ALSO AVAILABLE. EMAIL: email@example.com or info@lawnigeria or Text/WhatsApp +23407067102097
ACTS AUTHENTICATION ACT
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
ACTS AUTHENTICATION ACT
An Act to make provision for the authentication and recording of Acts of National Assembly
1st day of January, 1962
(2) This Act shall apply to all laws passed as Act by the National Assembly after the coming into operation of this Act.
(2) The Clerk of the National Assembly shall as from time to time directed by the Speaker of the House of Representatives prepare a Schedule of Bills passed at any time during a session and intended to be presented for assent; and shall certify on the Schedule that it is a true and correct record.
(3) The Schedule shall set forth the long title of a Bill and a summary of its contents and the respective dates on which each Bill was passed by each house of the National Assembly; and subject to the provisions of this section, when signed by the Clerk of the National Assembly, the certificate shall be conclusive for all purposes, and if a Bill in the Schedule is one to which section 54(5) of 55(4) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria applies, the Schedule shall, in addition, be endorsed with the prescribed certificate of the Speaker of the House of Representatives in respect of that Bill.
(4) Nothing in this section shall abrogate any special requirements prescribed for the entrenched sections of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, and any other certificate shall be endorsed and signed by the Clerk of the National Assembly as directed by the Speaker of the House of Representatives, on the Bill before the preparation of the Schedule.
(2) A duplicate of the Schedule when passed and signed shall be returned to the Clerk of the National Assembly who shall cause a copy to be published in the Federal Gazette; and the production of a copy of the Federal Gazette containing the Schedule as published shall be conclusive evidence for all purposes.
(2) The numbers shall be assigned by the Clerk of the National Assembly forthwith upon the return to him of the duplicate Schedule as approved and where necessary in a year the numbers already assigned in printed copies of Acts may be altered under the authority of this subsection on certificate by the Clerk of the National Assembly and if altered, a notice thereof shall be published in the Federal Gazette.
(2) The Clerk of the National Assembly shall retain one copy for his records and deliver one copy to the President and the other copy to the Chief Justice of Nigeria to be enrolled in the Supreme Court.
(3) All other copies of the Act shall in the first instance be impressions from the same form.