DOWNLOAD OF A COPY OF THIS LAW IS AVAILABLE [N1,500 (PDF) AND N3000 (WORD)] CLICK HERE FOR ONLINE PAYMENT OR TRANSFER TO TREE & TREES, 0013401871, GTBANK. ALL THE LAWS OF LAGOS STATE IS ALSO AVAILABLE AS A COMPENDIUM. EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or Text/WhatsApp +23407067102097 LIST OF LAWS OF LAGOS, [ALPHABETICAL]
OBAS AND CHIEFS OF LAGOS STATE LAW
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
1. Exemption of official residence of recognised traditional chiefs from rates levied under Local Government Law.
2. Application of sections 6–23, 26–29 and 42–45 to declaration in respect of Obaship.
3. Competent Council.
4. Declaration of Customary Law relating to selection of an Oba or a recognised Chief.
5. Chieftaincy Committee to make recommendation.
6. Functions of State Council of Chiefs.
7. Power of Governor with respect to declaration.
8. Registration of declaration.
9. Declarations deemed to be State Customary Law.
10. Amendment or replacement of defective or faulty registered declaration.
11. Registration of declarations amended or replaced and effect of registration.
12. Amendment or replacement of registered declaration permissible only once.
14. Qualification and disqualification of candidates.
15. Procedures to fill vacancies in a ruling house chieftaincy.
16. Procedure to fill vacancies in other chieftaincies.
17. Default in performance of functions.
18. Consent of other persons.
19. Council Manager to inform Commissioner of appointment.
20. Approval of appointment.
22. Chieftaincy Committee to approve appointment and determine dispute as to customary chiefs.
23. Offences relating to unlawful installation of customary Chiefs.
24. Competent authority.
25. Creation of recognised chieftaincy titles.
26. Consideration and decision by the Governor.
27. Registration of recognised chieftaincy title and declaration of customary law in selection to it.
28. Creation of customary chieftaincies.
29. Register of customary chieftaincies.
30. Custody of register of customary chiefs.
31. Creation and conferment of honorary chieftaincies.
32. Honorary titles not to be duplicated.
33. Creation of titles in specified area other than in accordance with this law to be unlawful.
36. Suspension and deposition of Chiefs.
37. Restriction of suspended Chief.
38. Rules as to representations.
39. Delegation of powers.
41. Effect of Declaration under repealed enactments.
42. Appointment under repeal enactments.
43. Appointment in absence of declaration.
OBAS AND CHIEFS OF LAGOS STATE LAW
A LAW TO PROVIDE FOR AN APPROVED METHOD FOR THE SELECTION, APPOINTMENT AND RECOGNITION OF OBAS AND CHIEFS IN LAGOS STATE AND FOR PURPOSES INCIDENTAL AND SUPPLEMENTARY TO IT.
[Commencement] [18th November 1981]
|READ MORE||DOWNLOAD (PDF-N1500/WORD-2000)|
LAWS OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
|The Constitution||National Legislations||Treaties of the Federation|
|State Laws||State Court Rules||Court Judgments|
|Food & Agriculture||Energy & Environment||Healthcare|
|Transport (Road, Rail, Air, Water)||Education||Housing & Infrastructure|
|Security & Law Enforcement||Science & Technology||Family, Youth & Child|
|Government & Elections||Taxation & Revenue||Economic & Commercial|
|MDA Regulations||SON Standards||Executive Orders|
|Nig. Nuclear Reg. Auth., NNRA||NAFDAC||NESREA|
|Dept of Pet. Res. DPR||Securities & Exchange Comm., SEC||NERC|
|Fed. Inland Rev. Service, FIRS||Fed. Road Safety Corps., FRSC||Central Bank of Nigeria, FBN|
|Nig. Communications Comm., NCC1||Nig. Broadcasting Comm., NBC||Nig. Copyright Comm., NCC2|
|Bio-Chemical and Bio-Safety||Service & Quality||Other Standards|